Wednesday 31 December 2014

Oh hey 2015!

2015 New Years Resolution? Blog more. Not for anyone but myself. I'm not going to kid myself with making a million half-assed resolutions that I will loathe myself for breaking within a week. Just blog more. And be happier in my own skin. That's it.

I can't wait to get this baby back up and running. I lost my mojo seriously for a while, and I haven't blogged at ALL since being in Aus. Which on one hand I get as it has been the craziest 8 months, but on the other hand... WHAT? I want to yell at myself! 'You have travelled this incredible country and seen so many amazing things and exploded out of your comfort zone and you have nooooothing to write about woman?' 

Crazy. 

But hey. I am only human. I worry every time I hit publish that I will be judged, that putting a little bit of myself out there for all to see that someone will think i'm an idiot. Totally just mis-typed idiot, so there's that... But lets give it a go, hey? Maybe its time to toughen up my skin and just put my thoughts out there. 

Oh OH and I have been on a baking spree. Seriously. It's like the moment we made the decision to stay and I got my own space for a little while my creative cooking juices just started going mental. There has been Banana Streusel Muffins, Salted Dulche de Leche Meringues and Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies...all within like three days. No joke. 


These are Jessica's cookies from How Sweet It Is... actual food hero.
We move into our own place on the 21 Jan - finally, finally after staying with family for months and jousting we can start to nest in our own little place and begin to live, rather than 'travel'. Excited doesn't begin to cover it. We paid the deposit yesterday and it feels like the best way to begin a New Year. I already have SO many baking plans for the new place and can't wait to get stuck in. It has a massive kitchen and a PANTRY (ohmygod) which basically sealed the deal for me. 

My family arrive tomorrow to visit - my parents for a month and my sister for a week before she heads back to London to get stuck back in to her Masters. Clever little cookie. I am so excited to see them all, to move into our new house, to do all the things we want to do this year and to basically dive headfirst into another year. I always feel SO energised and excited at a New Year... and I have a feeling this one is going to be amazing.

So, 2015. Let's go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs